Difference between Adware and Malware
Malware both are software programs which are harmful. Both infect the computer and steal the data by gaining access to the computer system. where as Adware is an advertising-supported software which is included inside the software package which renders advertisements in order to generate revenue for its author.
- Adware is mostly peice of software that comes in-built into the main software program or product.
- The adware puts or rotates advertisement banners on the software program or application and helps generate revenue for the author of the software.
- Adware is usually seen by the developer as a way to recover development costs, and in some cases it may allow the software to be provided to the user free of charge or at a reduced price.
- Adware is sometimes categorized as malware usually because it presents unwanted advertisements. Mostly they are in the form of pop-up. Programs have been developed to detect, quarantine, and remove advertisement-displaying malware, including Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, Spyware Doctor and Spybot – Search & Destroy.
- Malware includes computer viruses, ransomware, worms, trojan horses, rootkits, keyloggers, Adware, adware, malicious BHOs and other malicious program.
- Computer Malware can be broadly divided into two categories 1. System Malware 2. Application Malware.
- Malware programs are often come disguised as genuine software, and may come from an official company website as well.
- Malware tells the Adware everything in the form of Binary Digits 0s(Zeros) and 1s(Ones) only.
- Anti-Malware software commonly hooks deep into the operating system’s core or kernel functions and protects the computer system.
These are the few differences between Adware and malware.
Posted under: Computers
1957 readers are already subscribed to this blog! Why don't you be one of them? Subscribe to this blog via your favorite RSS feed reader or by entering your email address on the form below: